So you spent a little too much time in the sun and forgot to reapply sunscreen and now you’re fried !
Yes, it is a little painful but there are ways to alleviate the pain and the actual burn a little quicker than just waiting.
Here they are…
1. Aloe Vera - Soothing and calming , this will help the burn feel and heal better . Get the pure 100% Aloe. You can even keep it in the fridge to keep cold . That usually feels good on a burn .
2. Honey - I love honey for the skin! According to research, it helps heal wounds, and applying some to your sunburn can encourage the growth of new skin cells . It also has a lot of antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties .
3. Milk Bath - It has anti-inflammatory properties that help heal a sunburn . I find this one to be quite effective.
4. Cortisone Cream - Use this if it is swelling and really painful .
5. Drink Water - Staying hydrated is important because this burn is very dehydrating .
6. Grape Seed Oil - Another one of my favorites! I like to use this instead of lotion because this will penetrate the skin and actually moisturize whereas a lotion will just sit on the surface .
What to Avoid
1. Hot Water- Super drying to the skin .
2. Abrasive/Harsh Soaps- Your skin needs TLC so if you must cleanse, you a moisturizing cleanser so you aren’t stripping your skin .
3. Perfumes/Colognes- The chemicals can irritate the skin .
4. Lotions/Heavy Creams/Vaseline- As I mentioned above, the lotion sits on the surface and this can trap the heat in and actually slow down the healing. I also think it promotes peeling.